RMySQL 0.9.3; MySQL 5.5.28; R 2.15.1; RTools: 2.15; Windows 7 64bit
This might not be as hard as it sounds but I did spend a couple of hours on installing RMySQL. Here are the steps
- Install RTools if you haven’t done it. Add “C:\Rtools\bin;C:\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin” in your path (Environement Variables in System Advanced Settings)
- Add “MYSQL_HOME=C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5” in Environment Variables.
- Copy libmysql.dll from C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/lib to C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/bin
- Download RMySQL: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RMySQL/index.html
- From command line (windows CMD, not MSys or cygwin, as it might use different gcc other than the one from RTools), run “R CMD INSTALL RMySQL_0.9-3.tar.gz”